During the processing we stick to the requirements of the relevant privacy legislation, including (from 25 May 2018 onwards) the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy- and Cookie Statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and therefore the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
In this Privacy- and Cookie Statement, we will explain which personal data we collect and for which purposes. Due to the innovative nature of digital currency and the crypto environment in general, the services that we provide through our website and the website’s functions may change over time. Therefore, it is advisable to revisit this Privacy- and Cookie Statement from time to time.
This Privacy- and Cookie Statement was last amended on May 24th, 2018.
1. Use of Personal Data
By using our website and its functionalities the following (categories of) personal data may be processed for the purposes as mentioned in this Privacy- and Cookie Statement:
- Telephone number;
- E-mail address;
- Login details;
- Cryptocurrency (wallet) address;
2. Purposes of the processing of personal data
By using our website and the website’s functionalities the abovementioned categories of personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- Creating an account Via our website you are able to create an account for our online platform. This account allows you to buy, sell and store Bitcoins (in your Wallet) and other Cryptocurrencies. In order to create an account, we will ask you to fill in your name, e-mail address, password and country of residence. We will not provide the data linked to your login details to third parties, unless it is necessary for the execution of the agreement you concluded with us or if this is required by law. In the event of suspicion of fraud or misuse of our website we may hand over personal data to the entitled authorities. When creating an account, we process your personal data for the performance of your agreement with BlueSpread.
- Buying and/or selling Cryptocurrencies Via our website you are able to buy and sell Bitcoins and other Cryptocurrencies. In order to do so you need to log in to your online account using your e-mail address and password and you are asked to fill in the address of your (Cryptocurrency) wallet. In some cases, while buying and/or selling Cryptocurrencies you may be asked to proceed to the verification procedure as part of our security measures. When buying and/or selling Cryptocurrencies we process your personal data for the performance of your agreement with BlueSpread.
- Verification procedure At BlueSpread we have a verification procedure in place as part of our security measures for buying and/or selling Bitcoins and other Cryptocurrencies. Depending on the specific amount of the transaction or the amount of the overall daily/weekly/monthly transactions, you will have to provide certain information as part of the verification procedure. The process is divided into several tiers (depending on the exact amount of the transaction[s]). For tier one we will need your telephone number in order to send you a text message. Tier two demands address details to be provided. At tier three you will need to provide us with a copy of your passport or ID-card. When proceeding through the verification procedure we process your personal data for the performance of your agreement with BlueSpread.
- Setting price alerts At BlueSpread you are able to set a price alert in order to be notified when the price for a specific coin reaches a set threshold. We will send this notification to the e-mail address that you provide. When setting price alerts, we process your personal data with your consent.
- Contacting BlueSpread If you have any questions relating to for instance an order or Cryptocurrencies in general, you can either call us via FaceTime, or you can contact us via our social media channels or by filling in our contact form. In order to answer a question that is sent via the contact form, we will process your name and e-mail address. When contacting BlueSpread we process your personal data with your consent.
- Receiving our newsletterWe have a newsletter to inform those interested about our services. You can ask to receive the newsletters by clicking the newsletter checkbox in your online account. In order to receive our newsletter, we process your personal data with your consent.
3. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your account information for the duration of 10 years after last active action. While the information you provide during a verification procedure will be retained for the duration of 10 years after last active action.
If you fill out a contact form on the website, the data you provide will be retained for as long as is necessary depending on the nature of the form or the content of your email, to fully answer and correctly handle your message or email. We can retain data longer if we are required by law to do so.
In order to notify you through a price alert of a certain coin we will retain your e-mail address for the duration of 10 years after last active action.
Our website stores and retrieves information on your browser using cookies. Cookies have a variety of functions. Some are technical and functional cookies, which are used to make sure that the site will look, work and ‘feel’ as you, as visitor, expect it to. Other cookies for instance help to give you a more personalised web experience by showing advertisements that are aimed at your interests.
Our website makes use of the following cookies:
- Google On our website, cookies are placed by Google, through Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion, Google Dynamic Remarketing, DoubleClick and Google Tag Manager. We use these services for tracking, to get reports on how visitors use the website, in to gain insight into the way website visitors get access to our website via the Google search engine, to give us information about the effectiveness of our campaigns, to improve the online advertisement offer and in order for us to gain insight into the effectivity of our campaigns.Google can provide this information to third parties if they are legally obliged to do so, or where third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. We have no influence on the use of the data by Google and/or third parties.We have made the following arrangements to protect your personal data:
- Google Analytics cookies have been configured to operate privacy friendly;
- we have concluded a data processing agreement with Google;
- the last digits of your IP-adress will be masked.
We allow Google to use information for other Google services. Read the privacy statement from Google (which is subject to change) to see what they do with your personal data, which they acquire via these cookies. The information will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America. Google is committed to adhering to multiple self-regulation frameworks, including the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Visit the Privacy Shield Website for more information on the EU-US Privacy Shield Program and to review Google’s certification.
- Customer interaction Our website includes buttons to make customer interaction available, for example PushCrew, Zendesk and Trustpilot. PushCrew cookies allow us to send relevant push messages to your device. Zendesk gives you the opportunity to make use of the support functionality on our website, which makes asking us questions easier. Trustpilot cookies are used to offer website visitors the possibility of giving feedback about our website. Read the privacy statement from PushCrew, Zendesk and Trustpilot (which are subject to change) to see what they do with your personal data, which they acquire via these cookies. The information can be transmitted to and stored on servers in the United States of America. Zendesk is committed to adhering to multiple self-regulation frameworks, including the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Visit the Privacy Shield Website for more information on the EU-US Privacy Shield Program and to review Zendesk’s certification.
- Social Media Our website includes buttons to promote and share webpages on social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter. In order for these buttons to work, cookies are being used. Facebook and Twitter allows their users to stay logged in and to easily connect to Facebook and Twitter through widgets on our website. These buttons work through the use of bits of code that derive from these social networks. Read the privacy statement of Facebook and Twitter (which are subject to change) to see what they do with your personal data, which they acquire via these cookies. The information that Facebook and Twitter collect is transferred to the United States and stored on servers there. Facebook and Twitter are committed to adhering to multiple self-regulation frameworks, including the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Visit the Privacy Shield Website for more information on the EU-US Privacy Shield Program and to review the certification of Facebook and Twitter.
5. Confidentiality and provision to third parties
We will handle your personal data confidential. We will not provide your personal data to any third parties for direct marketing purposes of these parties. We may provide your data to our partners in order to provide for all the functionalities that we offer through our website.
These parties may include hosting providers, e-mail service providers and (web) developers.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of- and unauthorised access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password;
- we take physical measures to protect access to the systems in which the personal data is stored;
- we make use of secure connections (Transport Link Security or TLS) to encrypt all information between; you and our website when entering your personal data;
- we keep logs of all requests for personal data;
- regular penetration testing and security review by specialized parties;
- use of multifactor authentication where applicable;
- use of hosting provider that is specialized in handling sensitive data;
- training of employees on security best practices.
7. Third-party Websites
This statement is not applicable to third-party websites connected to this website through links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a secure and careful manner. We recommend that you read these websites’ privacy statements before making use of these websites.
8. Changes to this Privacy- and Cookie Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you review this statement regularly, so that you remain informed of any possible changes.
9. Rights of the data subject
You have the right to request the inspection of your personal data. You can request a correction or deletion of your personal data, when the data is incorrect or no longer relevant (within our portal, you can also access a management environment where you can set, specify and change settings yourself). You have the right to object against the processing of your personal data. You have the right to obtain a copy of your data in a usual, machine-readable format in order to be able to transfer it to another organisation. This request can be filed by contacting us by phone via +31 (0) 10 307 48 20 or contact page. In order to prevent abuse, we can ask you to identify you appropriately.
10. National supervisory
Of course we will also, gladly, help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. Based on privacy legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch national supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data (for the Netherlands this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) against our processing of your personal data. In order to do so, you can contact the Dutch Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
11. Contact information
In case you, after reading our Privacy- and Cookie Statement, still have questions and/or suggestions you can contact us via the below stated contact data or by our contact page.
10151 Harju maakond
Virtual Currency Wallet Service
Virtual Currency Exchange Service
Established: December 11, 2017
Registry code: 14387793